Saturday, June 15, 2013

In Memoriam - Script Frenzy

Well, here I am and 6 months have passed since the last post here. I avoided making a New Year's Resolution about updating my blog in the hope it might encourage me to do so - it didn't. Still never mind I'm here now and the quill is sharpened, pity my wits don't match my quill as I have hit writer's block. I;m hoping that a glass of Belgian Trappisten beer might help. Normally at this time of year, June, I'd be too busy to even contemplate blogging as I would be taking part in 'ScriptFrenzy', this was a competition where you had to produce a 100 page script, film, theatre, radio, whatever in 30 days. It was great fun while it lasted, 5 years or so but sadly it's popularity waned and now it is simply another part of NaNoWriMo, (National Novel Writing Month) in November. For those who don't know it NaNoWriMo sets you the task of writing a short novel, 60,000 words in 30 days. I have succeeded a few times though the results will never see the light of day as novels. The trick to achieving 60,000 and still having a life is not to edit or correct. It may sound a waste of time but I have mined what I have written to produce short stories, one of which I read at the Ipswich Arts Festival, (IpArt) a couple of years ago. I hope that I'll write some more here before a further 6 months have passed. In the mean time 'cheers; as I lift my glass

No comments: